Sunday 26 September 2010

Fish and chips weather

    

   

         

What's a long weekend without going to down the to beach? Well it was a touch too cold to swim, but my girl friend and I hadn't been to Cottesloe since the start of the Spring weather so we just HAD to spend the whole late afternoon to evening there, watching the sun set, drinking coffee by a fantastic intimate bar called "il lido" that has risen in place of my old favourite (now three years ago since I was away from Perth) Tropicanna cafe. il lido is...well I think the photos I took can describe it better than I can write. There is also a larger but also intimate, fine restaurant on the other side. I'll have to try it one day...

We then went a few doors over to grab some fish and chips take away. Nothing like driving home with the smell of vinegar on beer battered chips, wrapped in butcher's paper, piping hot.

No comments: