Friday 24 September 2010

I have an artistic phone-camera

  Start of the long weekend on Friday and start of school holidays for my friend (who's a Primary teacher). We went to the 'local' C15 cafe in Applecross that have a great range of specially made treats, like these velvet, vanilla cupcakes. They tasted as good as they look.                                                                                                                                        I didn't have my usual camera with me, so I had to take a photo with my phone instead. And when I transferred them onto my computer, I was astounded to see this cool blue vignetting around each photo! These photos are as I took it, with no post manipulation or tweaking by me.                                                                                                                                        Well how about that! My phone has some sort of defect in the lens that makes it naturally artistic! How suitable that I get an artistic phone camera.

Post note: I just found out that my phone-camera IS ON A SETTING called "ARTISTIC". I must have chosen that setting when I was trying to adjust the capture colour to be closest to what I was seeing with the naked eye. So much for a faulty lens and serendipity of having a quirky artistic phone. I'm such a dufus.

No comments: