Wednesday 5 January 2011

Further Shinnanigans of the Honeyeater

Third day since I found the baby Honeyeater and it's mighty well. It slept in this morning. I got up at 6.30am and kept checking back on it, and it was still sleeping waaay after sunrise til 9.30am. It continues to gain strength in leaps and bounds!

More chirping for food.





















Squarking! (demanding food).















Lying around on it's back.






















And then towards the evening it jumped and flapped out of it's nest onto the edge of the container when I called it! So i cut it's old nest out of the tree and fashioned it into a larger enclosure with some twigs for it.










 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


But before putting it into it's new nest, I guiltily encouraged it to do its flapping, jumping trick to the edge of the container again and again by calling out to it, so I could get a good photo :O.
 


After all that exercise and one last meal for day three, it's now sleeping like a log.









 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Jamie said...

These posts have been so sweet I am now diabetic!:D