Friday 26 November 2010

Zoo Friday number two





Second trip to the zoo with Tim and my ex animation colleagues. I got there after midday and it was a 30' plus day, so maybe that's why we spent a good amount of time in the nocturnal house. It was more interesting than I remembered, although I was disappointed there were only one type of bat (and they had a piggy horned nose). Surprisingly, drawing on brown paper while squinting through myopic vision in the dim light is doable and quite ok (I forgot my glasses and white paper for the dark would have been better).

Tawney Frogmouths! I was estatic to draw these, they are my favourite bird of prey and I've never seen one in real life, so I was very happy. I wanted to hold it, they look SO fluffy in real life (although they probably have mites and stuff?) and this particular one I was drawing kept preening, and had downey feathers stuck to it's beak half the time. Check out Tim's, his reminded me how funny hats and speech bubbles are on animals, next time I will start donning hats on 'em too. 

No comments: