Sunday 9 November 2008

Walt Kelly's Pogo at a Garage Sale



I finally got around to visiting some garage sales around the neighbourhood this weekend, and the first one I went to, I found a real treasure - for only 2 bucks, a big, cloth bound, 1959 book of all comic strips by Walt Kelly, "Ten Ever-Lovin' Blue Eyed Years With Pogo". I wasn't at all familiar with Pogo, but instantly recognised that beautiful classic drawing style of the late 40's, early 50's. Gorgeous stuff. It inspired me to practise drawing Alice in different poses and expressions.

2 comments:

Grace Garton said...

wow, what an amazing find!!!! Will you be bringing it in for show and tell???

tilcheff said...

Hey Rosey, do you know that John K had several posts on Walt Kelly recently? You can dig them easily if you're curious...