Friday 10 November 2006

mad world

On Tuesday morning i heard on the radio that hundreds of horses were culled each year and a significant percentage of that was from the horse racing industry. Then i saw a trailer on the apple site of a documentary "shut up and sing", following the Dixie Chicks after lead singer Natalie Maines made and stood by her anti-bush comment. And in the TV guide was a report on the rebuilding of New Orleans, a disaster that became hell because poeples lives were disregarded until too late. On tv was another report of how rich business men would probably import cheaply paid smaller people from less fortunate countries to come over and be jockey's to make lots of horse racing money. And then after work, I went and saw "Children of Men". which is a very well made, fantastic film. but god it made me depressed and it was all a bit too much for my empathetic self which i can't seem to turn off. on the way driving home...



Tim was like, "Pull over Rose!! please pull over!". and I was like "Waaaaah!!!!!".

That was an old drawing by the way (left) but doesn't really show how i felt. The right drawing is all i have time to do and it's more what I was like. only i'm crying also, because I've been drawn so poorly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing is worse than a emotional slump. It can be so debilitating.

Well I will continue to do my best to show you the good side to things

Seng said...

Children of Men IS such a depressing film. Unrelentingly harrowing. After seeing it and reflecting on it, I couldn't help but agree that, unless we change as a people/culture, we should go gracefully into the good night...